Saturday, October 25, 2008

Debt Free Saints--Here we come

This blog is about the journey we're on to become debt free. Over the last 7 years we've paid off 42,000 in student loan debt, 13,000 in car debt(stupid tax in Dave Ramsey lingo), and bought 2 other cars with cash (used of course). It's now time to attack the monster mortgage debt and become totally debt free. Our hope is that others will share their stories that we can then post as well.
We are strong believers that the Lord wants us be free from debt, and has repeatedly told us so in both the scriptures and through the prophets. We believe firmly that as we seek to follow the commandment to become debt free that the Lord will strengthen our efforts and help us to achieve our goal.

“And again, verily I say unto you concerning your debts – behold, it is my will that you shall pay all your debts.
And it is my will that you shall humble yourselves before me, and obtain this blessing by your diligence and humility and prayer of faith.
And inasmuch as you are humble and faithful and call upon my name, behold, I will give you the victory.”
--D&C104:79, 80, 82

No comments: